Legacy GM Example 2D platformer shooter V2

alexde5th

This uses GM: Studio.
For windows.
About 30 Kilobytes big.
Link for example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tixesyjcbtwlizz/Simple weapon system.zip?dl=0

I don't really know why I decided to do this, but I decided to take time to make an example of a 2D platformer shooter like what I'm currently working on, (A.D.A.M.).

There are 3 guns, 4 sub weapons for each catagory (pistol, shotgun, and machinegun)
There's no sound (because this is like a foundation to build a game off of or so)
And the weapons are practically clip art. Except for the first shotgun, that one actually had effort placed into it.

If you have any questions, or problems occur in the example, feel free to share that so I can fix it.
or not, I really don't know if I'd be bothered to do it.
Oh well. Thanks for reading.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Wow... you sound really enthused about this. It doesn't inspire confidence.

...I don't really know why I decided to do this...
(snip)
...or not, I really don't know if I'd be bothered to do it....
Looking at your code, I notice a couple of different styles. In the STEP event of the Player object, the style looks fairly professional with IF brackets, and proper line terminations. But the rest of the code is a mix. Some has indented code, some does not. And very few lines are properly terminated with semi-colons. So this example looks like a mashup.

I can approve it, but I can't really recommend it. However, if you clean it up a bit, add more commentary, and modify your post to describe what features are offered, it would be useful for beginners. But I'll leave that up to you.

alexde5th

Wow... you sound really enthused about this. It doesn't inspire confidence.

Looking at your code, I notice a couple of different styles. In the STEP event of the Player object, the style looks fairly professional with IF brackets, and proper line terminations. But the rest of the code is a mix. Some has indented code, some does not. And very few lines are properly terminated with semi-colons. So this example looks like a mashup.

I can approve it, but I can't really recommend it. However, if you clean it up a bit, add more commentary, and modify your post to describe what features are offered, it would be useful for beginners. But I'll leave that up to you.
Thanks, I just wasn't very sure on how it'd fair up to more professional game dev's. I'll see what I can do.

E

EmeraldGearsX

Hi, alexde5th would it be okay for me to use this platformer example as a base design for my game?