• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Evolution Simulators + Got My Own Website :D

D

DatCodingGuy

Hey Everyone,

As part of an IT assignment for school, I have to find a client and develop software for them. I decided to contact my Biology teacher and ask if I could make her something to aid her teaching evolution and genetics. We talked a bit and now I've got two demo projects that I'm hosting on my own website and my client now has to decide which one they'd prefer me to work on.

Both these projects are made with GameMaker Studio 2 and a lot of the projects I'm going to be uploading on my website are going to be done with GMS2. Because I'm only doing one for IT, I'm going to be focusing on one of the projects much more than the other, but I'm very excited with where both of these projects will lead to and will continue to work on both.

Here are the links to the projects:
BioPond
EvoCritters

I also have a blog post for each project outlining what features are currently implemented and a full page outlining in more detail how the simulations work. Please check it out and tell me what you think about my simulations :) I'm thinking about making them open source when I reach version 1.0.0.

D

Deleted member 467

A bit more info on what's going on in these two projects might help viewers/players understand what is going on. From what I saw in both is a few circles moving around colliding with other circles, with the moving ones sometimes fading away - and there was nothing describing anywhere about what was going on.

D

DatCodingGuy

A bit more info on what's going on in these two projects might help viewers/players understand what is going on. From what I saw in both is a few circles moving around colliding with other circles, with the moving ones sometimes fading away - and there was nothing describing anywhere about what was going on.
I have more documentation on my main website about these two projects:
BioPond
EvoCritters

I also have blog posts about these two projects outlining their current features and giving an insight to what features I'll be adding in the future