• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Everything disappeared!

So I got an error about my cache asserts needing to be empty. So I went into preferences and cleared everything out. Now when I try and load my game there is nothing, only music and audio. Its completely black. Specifically, I went into Preferences->General->

upload_2019-4-13_13-31-9.png

And I pressed "Delete" on each button

T

Taddio

Aren't your files still in the project folder? You can reimport them

rIKmAN

Using those preferences shouldn’t do anything to the files in your Resource Tree, they just clean the caches.

I have those settings enabled and have never experienced anything like that so if that’s what has happened then I would bet it’s something else that caused it.

Also your image is showing loads of objects in the Resource Tree, and I’m assuming this was screenshotted after your issue appeared as it seems odd you’d have a picture of these settings before anything happened?

This is probably unrelated, but why are you using such an old version and not updating to the latest?

JasonTomLee

@RefresherTowel Agree with you! Doing that seems to always get the job done.

I also had a similar issue where everything was deleted inside my project.
Cleaning cache & restarting usually is enough but you may need to reinstall GMS2 with the new update ( the new update made things a bit wonky )

pixeltroid

People! Remember to take back ups of your works on a hard drive or a flash drive!!! You never know when things can go wrong!