Event before all Events

O

oziphantom

So, Game Start event doesn't happen at the game start but "after all objects have been created" o_O But it's " typically used to initialize global variables, start music, read from files and any other thing that is usually only done once at the start of a game. ", pity if you need said global data to configure your objects ;)

So what event fires first and before any objects, rooms etc are actually created so I can load in data files and other things that the game needs to create things? Or do I have to put in a pile of if(!global_exists) callFunctionThatMakesGlobal(); in every place I want to use it to be sure sure?

obscene

Haven't used GM in a bit so I might be forgetting the details, but basically every script runs before game start now so you can probably just put it all into a script and you won't even have to call it.

Umaro

Can't you just create a control object in the initial room and run what you need in its create event?

Director_X

Can't you just create a control object in the initial room and run what you need in its create event?
That, and ensure the instance ORDER is at the very top.

Some possibilities:
* Create a room with code-object - then have it load the main game room. ;)
* Put it in the ROOM code
* Also Step BEGIN event if certain conditions are met (ie first run etc)?

Last edited: