• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Eternal problems with html 5

Winko

It is not the first time that it happens to me and I no longer understand what is happening. I come up with a perfectly HTML5 project and suddenly it breaks. It literally compiles but with sprites changed, positions altered. The game runs perfectly on windows. Why do these things happen? I really wanted my game to be in the browser. I would appreciate if anyone knows what happens.

chamaeleon

HTML5 export has historically had bugs and issues that other platforms does not appear to suffer from. So .. maybe bugs.

chamaeleon

If you have a project right now that upon loading exhibit whatever issue, I strongly recommend filing a bug report with the project attached, so there is a chance it gets fixed.

rIKmAN

Sprites getting mixed up sounds like a symptom of a stale cache - cleaning this needs to be done more regularly on HTML5 than other targets.

Click the broom icon at the top of the IDE in between builds so it builds using fresh data and see if that helps.

Winko

Sprites getting mixed up sounds like a symptom of a stale cache - cleaning this needs to be done more regularly on HTML5 than other targets.

Click the broom icon at the top of the IDE in between builds so it builds using fresh data and see if that helps.
Worked!. I feel like a fool. Thanks a lot

rIKmAN

Worked!. I feel like a fool. Thanks a lot
No worries, glad it worked.

If you get any weird behaviour (ie. mixed up sprites) on any of the targets the first thing you should try is cleaning the cache, but especially on HTML5 and when using YYC you have to do it a lot more frequently - sometimes between every build.