• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Escape from Station 13! [demo]

HighlandCoo

Hi everyone!

I would like to show you my new project

10.png

The concept is a top-down 2d horde shooter. The objective is to help your team escape from Station 13. The only problem is the hordes of mutants and monsters in your way ;)

The demo includes a single level, and one special ability for your team. The objective of the level is to make it to the exit.

The game can be downloaded from my itchio page here

Screenshots to tempt the un-decided:
05.png 00.png

I'd love any feedback at all on anything you would like to tell me about the game.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy.

binarypearl

This is a neat concept, and looks like it could be a good strategy game. After playing through, I have a few suggestions:

ok button on display setting screen not immediately obvious where it's located at. Suggest moving up closer to where
the different settings are so the eyes don't have to move so much.

Maybe don't prompt 'are you sure? yes/no' if the player selects 'Display' from the menu. Take them directly to display
settings menu and let them choose what they want.

Would like to have keyboard controls for menu options.

After starting game, one of the arrows in the instruction box is slightly blocking 'HOW TO PLAY'. I think this points to
where the exit is at, but it's not clear until playing. It took me a little while to realize where the exit was.

The players shooting enemies is a little distracting when trying to read the instructions. Suggest to not
have game start until instructions are fully read.

Having 3 characters to control is a lot to think about - should the strategy be to move them in different parts of the map?

Maybe have the ability to ctrl-select or shift-select multiple characters if the player wants to move 2+ characters to the same spot.
(Basically mimic how you can select multiple files in Windows).

Suggest to give the 3 different soldiers a little different look / personality to help give them more depth than just
different names. Perhaps have the soldiers use different weapons.

I know that's a lot of suggestions, and implementing different features takes time. Hopefully this feedback is helpful.

magicweapon

I loved the game dude, I really had fun playing it. Congratulations man, I think you did a nice work there.
Only a few things I noticed are: when I used the special attack and it killed a bunch of monsters it sounded too loud, but I think that's easy to solve. And I would love it if you added 3D sound system, you know, make the sound pan around lol.

That's all, but overall I liked your game dude, keep it up.