• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Errors in creating exe

CasePortman

Each time I go to create an Executable it gives me this output after compiling assets and doesn't create anything afterwards, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this? Target is set to 'Windows : VM : Default : default'

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe DONE
Options: C:\Users\Case\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\9th Dec (F_AF5F4E4C_9AB4E1AC\platform_options.yy
Options: C:\Users\Case\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\9th Dec (F_AF5F4E4C_9AB4E1AC\main_options.yy
DoSteam
PlatformOptions
Options: C:\Users\Case\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\9th Dec (F_AF5F4E4C_9AB4E1AC\platform_options.yy
DoVersion
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename, ResourceId type, ResourceId name, UInt16 lang, Byte[] data)
at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename)
at Igor.Utils.UpdateWindowsVersion(String _filePath, Dictionary`2 _options) in c:\hudson\ZeusBase\ZeusGreen\GameMaker\Zeus\Igor\Program.cs:line 455
at Igor.WindowsBuilder.PackageZip() in c:\hudson\ZeusBase\ZeusGreen\GameMaker\Zeus\Igor\Builders\WindowsBuilder.cs:line 166
elapsed time 00:00:03.9999653s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.27/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Case\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows PackageZip started at 12/12/2016 10:57:40​

Cheers!

CasePortman

Still no dice here, getting the same error after the recent update, unfortunately I'm having to stick with GM 1.4 for now until I can get some help with this.

A

Ariak

This error is caused by your antivirus! Happend to me too... at first I thought Zeus was malware. There is famous trojan virus named Zeus after all.
I fixed my problem by switching from Bitdefender to Kaspersky - haven't had the error since.

CasePortman

This error is caused by your antivirus! Happend to me too... at first I thought Zeus was malware. There is famous trojan virus named Zeus after all.
I fixed my problem by switching from Bitdefender to Kaspersky - haven't had the error since.
Wow yeah, I disabled my antivirus briefly and it worked a charm, this is a little annoying for people who don't know. Thanks for your help!