• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Error - Win32 CreateTexture2D failed

saga55555

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right thread or not but error occur after I transfer project to GMS2. Some of my testers got create texture error while playing game less than a minute. Myself and most players don't get this error.
Win32 function failed: HRESULT: 0x8007000e
Call: GR_D3D_Device->CreateTexture2D at line 423 in file \TexturesM.cpp
He using Win7 / 64bit / DirectX11. He played previous version when I'm still using GMS 1.4 without error but got error with current version (GMS2). I'm not sure this is GMS2 performance issue or coding issue because some coding change between version too.

I searched and find similar post and tell that maybe it's create surface issue. Both version has create surface application code when pause game but I didn't change this code after transfer project to GMS2.

- Anyone know what cause this error?
- How to find or know what texture/object in line 423 in file\TexturesM.cpp is?

Thank you :D

Last edited:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Sounds like it's running out of Video memory (VRAM). If you're creating surfaces... check that you're freeing them properly. How much video ram do your testers have? (and do you have?)

TexturesM.cpp is an internal source file inside the runner code.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We have also seen this when a surface is being created with a 0 area i.e. width * height = 0

In most recent runtimes we made this an error so you get more info, ensure you are on a recent runtime...

Russell

saga55555

Sounds like it's running out of Video memory (VRAM). If you're creating surfaces... check that you're freeing them properly. How much video ram do your testers have? (and do you have?)

TexturesM.cpp is an internal source file inside the runner code.
We have also seen this when a surface is being created with a 0 area i.e. width * height = 0

In most recent runtimes we made this an error so you get more info, ensure you are on a recent runtime...

Russell
Thank you for your reply :D

Seem like it's video ram & graphic card issue as you mentioned because this morning my tester told me that he can play my game without problem if you use "Run with graphics processor".

Will try to make sure it vram or coding issue.

I

icuurd12b42

this can happen on pc or devices that have 4k monitor of high density display and a crappy video card.

you can try to resize the application surface to the view size or port size, whichever is smallest.

in a controller step event, if the app surface exists, get the application surface size, if it's not the size you want, resize it.