• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Error when trying to run game

N

Nabil Kabour

I get the following error when trying to run my game:

Permission Error : Unable to obtain permission to execute

IDE version: 2.2.5.481
Runtime: 2.2.1.291

The game runs when using the most up to date runtime. The reason I'm trying to run with an older runtime is because I have glitches with the most recent runtime, andI want to pin point at which version of the runtime do the bugs start to appear.

Thanks!

Ricardo

I also had that problem a while ago. You can use latest IDE and runtime 2.2.1.291 by disabling this option:
Preferences -> General Settings -> Compiling -> Show compiler commands in compile output.