• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Error when transitioning between rooms

I'm trying to program a transition that plays when you switch rooms, but I get an error. It refers to a piece of code that I used in a previous transition animation with no error whatsoever, but when used here it doesn't work. I'm happy to provide more details if needed :]
1634354524123.png
1634354536614.png

Attachments

TheouAegis

Does the object have a parent?

Did you use an extension which may have target_x created as a read-only?

Try putting inst.target_x=self.target_x and see if that makes the error move to the next line or not.

Does the object have a parent?

Did you use an extension which may have target_x created as a read-only?

Try putting inst.target_x=self.target_x and see if that makes the error move to the next line or not.
i dont have any extensions and the object does not have a parent.1634534328527.png

TheouAegis

Right before the offending line, add:
show_debug_message(inst)
And then tell us what the last number it prints out was when the error comes back up.

What version of Studio do you have (the FULL version number)? Some claim it's a recent bug and you'll need to roll back to an older version, but YYC would need you to file a bug report if no one did already.

Right before the offending line, add:
show_debug_message(inst)
And then tell us what the last number it prints out was when the error comes back up.

What version of Studio do you have (the FULL version number)? Some claim it's a recent bug and you'll need to roll back to an older version, but YYC would need you to file a bug report if no one did already.
I think the number is 100138, and my version number is 2.3.5.589

TheouAegis

Try rolling back to version 2.3.4 and see if the error occurs after that. If it doesn't occur anymore, you should file a bug report, because I read something similar on Reddit and that person's solution was to roll back to 2.3.4.