1. Hey! Guest! The 33rd GMC Jam will take place between May 23rd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and May 27th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Question - IDE Error: Packages cannot be built for the selected platform

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by MSCFC, May 15, 2019 at 3:36 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSCFC

MSCFC Member

Hi,

I know this is almost the billionth time this problem is questioned but mine is quite different,
    whenever i click the "Build Executable" or press F8 i get the error, without getting any other error or output.

Please notice that i'm using VS2017 and i'm trying to build ZIP for Windows, and also that when i use YYC and try "run" it works perfectly, the issue is only with the "Build Executable" feature.

2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

What are the IDE and Runtime versions and what licence type are you using(Ie: desktop, creative, mobile, etc...)?

3. MSCFC

MSCFC Member

IDE v2.2.1.375, Runtime v2.2.1.287
    Using the creative license
    The compiler works well with other targets (e.g. HTML5)

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Stop lying, you’re using a pirated version.

The Creator Licence only allows exporting to either Windows or Mac depending which version you buy, so along with the out of date version numbers, the fact you are saying the HTML5 target and other targets work just proves it.

BattleRifle BR55 likes this.
  5. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Hi there! This topic is closed and your account has been banned as it appears you are not using a legitimate copy of GameMaker Studio 2. If this is not the case or you believe there has been some mistake then please contact the YoYo Games helpdesk with your licence details (and link to this topic) and you will be permitted back on the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.