• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [Error] Packages cannot be built for the selected platform

S

Simon Docherty

I keep getting a pop up with this message when i go to create a package. I'm using GM2 Desktop with no other add ons. IDE v 2.0.4.64, Current runtime 2.0.4.42.

I've looked in Preferences>Platform Settings>Windows and it states it can't find Visual Studio v14.0. I've downloaded it and put it where it's looking for it but it still says it's not found.

Could anyone help me with some tips onwhat the issue might be?

T

TalkyLemon

This might just be a misunderstanding - Visual Studio v14.0 is Visual Studio 2015. Visual Studio version numbers are off by one, which makes me sad... :-(

screenshot.12.jpg

I think the "Packages cannot be built for the selected platform" message should only happen when you have Test selected in the Device Manager (http://docs2.yoyogames.com/source/_build/2_interface/2_tools/device_manager.html). Could you try checking that you have Windows (or whatever you're building for) selected in the Device Manager and doing Create Executable again?