• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Error message upon creating executable

Hi so I'm pretty new to Game Maker and I just finished one of the tutorials.

I've been able to create an installer using the zip instead of making an executable. Whenever I try to create an installer I continue to get this message

LicenseData: open failed "C:\Users\halp1\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\SpaceRocks\options\windows\C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443\BaseProject\options\windows\installer\license.txt"
Usage: LicenseData local_file_that_has_license_text | license_lang_string
Error in macro MUI_PAGE_LICENSE on macroline 21
Error in script "C:\Users\halp1\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\SpaceRocks\options/windows/installer/nsis_script.nsi" on line 143 -- aborting creation process

this is at the end of the log as everything else looks fine in the log but I could post the rest if necessary

My permissions are open on just about everything related to game maker; read & write permissions as well as exclusions for the anti virus software.

I'm running the most current script IDE is v2.3.4.583, my OS is Windows 10, and yes I have an Indie game subscription so it's not a cracked version.

It should also be mentioned that I was able to create installers for blank games using YYC and VM. So I'm confident that it has something to do with corrupted .nsis files or something with the license. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you can make an installer with a blank project, then just copy over the nsis script from one of those into the current project and overwrite the one you have? Also might be worth opening both in Notepad and seeing what's different that could be causing the issue so you know for the future...