Legacy GM Error in Room Transition

MGSting

Right now the sidescrolling beat-em-up I'm developing is still in debug mode and I got to the point where I'm testing the room warp mechanic. Once the player reaches the end of a level, let's say he just beat the stage boss, a small cutscene will play and then the room will transition to the next level (this feature is prominent with arcade beat-em-ups like Xmen). For now I'm starting with creating a smooth room transition before moving on to making it more dynamic.
For reference, I used the code provided by this guy:
I know it works because I used it in a previously scrapped project. However upon testing it I came across this error message when the player character came in contact with the warp zone.
Code:
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event0
for object OBJ_Player:

Variable <unknown_object>.<unknown variable>(100026, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
 at gml_Object_OBJ_Player_StepNormalEvent_1 (line 24) -         if(MyBR.IsActive == true){
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_OBJ_Player_StepNormalEvent_1 (line 24)
It should be noted that I got this error message after changing part of the code where the x and y values of the new spawn point were established. I received a different error message saying the x and y coordinates were invalid so I removed those variables in an attempt to fix the issue. So now I'm stuck at this point with the error message you see.

Please show us your code for the Step Event of the OBJ_Player. We need to see more than just one line so that we can confirm what is being done.