1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Error in game maker studio 2 with particles!! (not code problem)

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by theraje3, Feb 6, 2019.

1. theraje3

theraje3 Member

Hi all, so I have been working on a project and added different particles systems, emmiters, etc. everything worked perfectly. But at some point particles stop showing up. I tough it would be a random error, restart GMS2 and particles came back. But the next time I open GMS2 I couldnt see them again, restarted GMS2: not solved, restart Pc: not solved, reinstall GMS2: nothing, Unisnstall GMS2 and reinstall it just in case... nothing... I checked that in other projects (in my pc) particles neither works. So I send my project to my partner, tested on his PC and particles shows as usual... So I belive is my GMS2 that is broken... And since is not a gml problem I dont know what to do and im a bit desesperated. Couldnt find a solution anywhere :(

Update: Debugging the error it seems that asigning part_system_create() to a variable it returns 0 on that variable....
    https://gyazo.com/650a860c5cc0d6476c026f585423569d
    [​IMG]
    As far as I know it shouldnt be 0.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. theraje3

theraje3 Member

MarceloP likes this.