• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Error Box not loading

Ax209

Sorry guys, I've search google for this but can't find an answer (not even sure whether I'm searching for the correct terms tbh).

See when you run your game (F5), and if there's an error as to why it can't load it, it tells you in the Output exactly the issue it's run into and what you need to correct. Sometimes it pulls up a white box and gives and error in there.

Currently I'm receiveing none of those and I don't even know how long I've been struggling like this. I've reinstalled GMS and what not, even saved my project under a different name and it still doesn't help! I made a new project from scratch and everything works as should in the new one, so that leads me to believe this is a problem with my project itself but I can't find anything in the preferences that might help.

Does anyone have a fix at all for this? If there's an error, it just says "FAILED: Run Program Complete" in the Output without actually telling me what's wrong :(

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Start by looking for infinite loops or irrecoverable errors in the first piece of code that would run when your project starts. That may include:
  • The first room's Room Creation Code
  • The Create event or Instance Create Code of anything in the first room
  • Any code set to run with gml_pragma("global", ...);
  • The initialization routine of any of your extensions

Ax209

Thanks Frostycat!

My game runs, I'm not sure if I mentioned, but this only becomes an issue when I *do* have a problem. Currently I don't have one, but when I accidentally write one, it doesn't tell me where it is :( Just says "FAILED: Run Program Complete", then I have to go around and see where the problem is :(