• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Error : Android x86 ToolChain directory "" does not exist - I can't build any Android Projects anymore with the latest beta.

Amon

I'm using NDK r20b
Compiling with VM and YYC results in the same.

In my android platform settings I have only selected Armv7 and Arm64. Even if I select the others the result is the same. Does anyone else get this issue?

EDIT- I tried with NDK r22b but I get the same thing. I've updated the sdk, tried lowering the platform to 30 but no go.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Is this specific to the latest beta or does the same error happen with identical SDK/NDK/settings on previous version(s) too?

Does it also happen with a fresh empty project?

Amon

I tested on a fresh project and it's the same. The previous beta did not have this problem. Stable, also does not have this problem.

rIKmAN

I have seen some people mention issues with YYC whilst browsing the forum but I can't remember what thread(s) or if they were Android specific.

Best thing is to check the latest Beta Release thread first and either confirm others reports or post it if it's not mentioned there.
You can also check if it's on the Known Issues list (shown before you report a bug) and if not then submit a ticket (Help > Report a Bug in IDE) with all required info / repro steps.

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hi @Amon, this is a problem with the NDK (so should be YYC only) you should use NDK 22.1.7171670.
That is the version being used here and it hasn't shown any problems so far.

It seems to be a problem with latest beta! Please report it :D

Last edited: