• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Error (50) - You don't have access to internal feeds. [retry]

J

JohnJolley

Just downloaded GM 2 for Mac. Install went okay but when I fire up the game from launchpad it asks me for my log-in email and password and then for the authentication code. Once I type the code I received via email I get the following error in a pop-up box: "Error (50) - You don't have access to internal feeds. [retry]"

When I click retry it takes me back to the log-in page and repeats. I have shut down and re-booted computer.

What should I do to fix?

Thanks in advance!!

G

GunnyBoy

I'm having the same issues and I just went through the steps you provided. I'm only seeing one active session (My current Macbook Pro session) and I've only installed GM2 on two computers ever. I've tried multiple times to revoke the session and retry, but I get the same error every time. It looks like I have the right version installed as well and I've tried reinstalling twice. Is there a way to install a different version?

When I do install GM2 I'm seeing a lot of extra files in the application folder that typically don't show up when you install a new app (Files named "buildNumber", "snippet.xml", "update-mac-I.rss", and a few others) and I'm wondering if that's somehow related? I'm currently running El Capitan and I can't try Sierra since it's not supported on this hardware.

I've also opened up a ticket for this yesterday, but I haven't received any response yet.

Edit: I just tried to install older versions of GM2 by just changing the numbers in the link that was provided above that matched numbers based on the release notes. It seems to login successfully, but tells me to download the latest version and doesn't let me do anything else. One thing I did notice is the 2.0.7.173 version is the only version that creates those weird files in the application directory that I mentioned so maybe this error is related to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JohnJolley

I'm having the same issues and I just went through the steps you provided. I'm only seeing one active session (My current Macbook Pro session) and I've only installed GM2 on two computers ever. I've tried multiple times to revoke the session and retry, but I get the same error every time. It looks like I have the right version installed as well and I've tried reinstalling twice. Is there a way to install a different version?

When I do install GM2 I'm seeing a lot of extra files in the application folder that typically don't show up when you install a new app (Files named "buildNumber", "snippet.xml", "update-mac-I.rss", and a few others) and I'm wondering if that's somehow related? I'm currently running El Capitan and I can't try Sierra since it's not supported on this hardware.

I've also opened up a ticket for this yesterday, but I haven't received any response yet.

Edit: I just tried to install older versions of GM2 by just changing the numbers in the link that was provided above that matched numbers based on the release notes. It seems to login successfully, but tells me to download the latest version and doesn't let me do anything else. One thing I did notice is the 2.0.7.173 version is the only version that creates those weird files in the application directory that I mentioned so maybe this error is related to that.
Not sure if it is the 'right' answer but when I disabled two-step authentication, I was able to finish the installation which seemed to update it to the right version. Have yet to actually try and create anything (it is for my son) but it appears to be ready. FYI

G

GunnyBoy

Not sure if it is the 'right' answer but when I disabled two-step authentication, I was able to finish the installation which seemed to update it to the right version. Have yet to actually try and create anything (it is for my son) but it appears to be ready. FYI
I'll have to try that. Are you no longer getting the error? Which version did you end up getting?

Edit: I think it's up and running now. I can't start a whole project at the moment to see if it's really working, but after I disabled two-step authentication I was able to finish the installation as well. I re-enabled two-step to see if it would throw another error message at me, thankfully it appears two-step was only causing issues with the installation and nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JohnJolley

I'll have to try that. Are you no longer getting the error? Which version did you end up getting?

Edit: I think it's up and running now. I can't start a whole project at the moment to see if it's really working, but after I disabled two-step authentication I was able to finish the installation as well. I re-enabled two-step to see if it would throw another error message at me, thankfully it appears two-step was only causing issues with the installation and nothing more.
Thanks for the follow-up. I won't be able to test starting a project until I get back home (currently out of town) and let my son fire it up. Let me know once you are able to create.