• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Enum help please

A

anthropus

Hi, Im working on the player's state machine using enumerators, switch statements, and scripts. my first enum, set in the player object's create event, works good and controls the player's movement. the second enum, which I placed in the same player object's create event, does not seem to be working. For some reason the expression and the statements dont turn red like the one that does work, and when I play the game and get to the state/script that uses that enum's variable its enumerating, i get this error:

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object o_celes:

Variable o_celes.currenly_facing(100013, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scr_celes_cast_magic (line 4) - switch (currenly_facing)
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_celes_cast_magic (line 4)
called from - gml_Object_o_celes_StepNormalEvent_1 (line 14) - scr_celes_cast_magic();

any suggestions?

A

anthropus

lol thanks! the coloration is still different though...

Last edited by a moderator: