• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo Enlighter demo is complete & out

E

Elgarion

Hi friends !

Let me introduce my game :

Enlighter is a 2D puzzle-tactical game. It features a single player campaign, a skirmish mode and some cool local 'player versus player' mode. Release date to be determined ; this is an early demo of this game.

The demo can be downloaded here

The current level is completed when all the bulbs on screen are switched on, including the one in your ship

The twist is that you must always stay connected. Each level usually starts with an electric generator ; spawn your own ‘electromagnetic’ relays for they could act as connecting spots, linking the bulbs through the hostile environment. A relay may have different weapon configurations to choose from.

You’ll have to adapt while crossing the path of enemy AIs, alien artefacts, fauna with different behaviors ; environment itself has its own mechanics.

Be prepared for intricate puzzles and fine tactical battles !​

Last edited by a moderator:

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your demo.

I played through tutorial levels and one multiplayer match against computer.

Good tutorial explaining things one by one. It got pretty chaotic at the end :D
Sometimes level would instantly restart when i placed my buildings incorrectly, which felt little bit weird.
Perhaps just tell player to self-destruct instead.

Last edited:
E

Elgarion

Hey, i tried your demo.

I played through tutorial levels and one multiplayer match against computer.

Good tutorial explaining things one by one. It got pretty chaotic at the end :D
Sometimes level would instantly restart when i placed my buildings incorrectly, which felt little bit weird.
Perhaps just tell player to self-destruct instead.
Hey @Yrbiax , thank you very much for this super constructive and kind feedback. You're right, tutorial goes a little bit too fast near the end, I will adress that in the next iteration. Interesting also what you said about misplacement and restart. It's a complicated subject, so I'll have to think about it. Thanks again !