• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Engine Glitch with Newly Made Objects

ThanielPIN

Hey, this is my first post on here! So I've been using the latest version of GMS2 and this is the first time I've experienced something like this.

The project was made using an earlier version of 2.3, and after opening up the game in the newest version I noticed that all new objects created and placed in rooms wouldn't be there when the game started.
I found this weird, and decided to use functions instead to summon these objects:
glitch1.png

What I got was this error screen on launch, acting as if the object referenced in the function was instead an undefined variable (when it clearly shows up on red):
glitch2.png

I decided to test the instance_create function with an object that was already on the project and the game initiated just fine. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Last edited:

ThanielPIN

I think I fixed it! I had tried changing the project name by changing the project file name and the folder name like in GMS1. Apparently that threw the engine for a loop.