Endless Shmup

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by AstralKite, Sep 13, 2019.

1. AstralKite

AstralKite Member

Tried focusing on completing a game (couldn't do it) and thought a shmup would be easy to start with. Was going to copy Capcoms 1942, but ended up making an endless shooter to avoid level design/ get something done quicker. You collect weapons to gain points and kill enemies to mange your play area. Pretty much took the idea from SuperCrate Box.
    No going to continue working on this.

Playable here, to download. (tried to get an html version to work, but couldn't)
    Playable on Mac, or android devices.
    https://astrokite.itch.io/endless-shmump

2. Toque

Toque Member

Some nice elements there.

Red Phantom likes this.
  3. sitebender

sitebender Member

I'd like to play it once it's on Windows.

4. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis Member

Have you played raptor call of the shadows? That's the game I think of when I see any vertical shmup, it was on dos and worked on windows 95 & 98, I played it when I was about 6 onwards, I loved it, and the graphics were really good, like a great example of old pixel graphics that make the game fun and addictive to play, if you haven't I def recommend playing it
    But now you've got an extra thing you can add, 64bit precision, smoother motion, not constrained to 320x240 res, which it looks like your doing in your game, it looks fun to play, keep up the good work!