GML Visual End my suffering (Cutscenes With Frame By Frame)

B

Benattaous

Hello there, I am a new game designer, but an intermediate animator! I have been trying to integrate my animating skills to my game projects, but without much success... My images are off center but I code them to place their left corners to (0,0), and alarm systems are confusing, does anyone have any techniques to make animating a scene in GMS2 frame by frame much easier and more efficient?

3jgamesdev

I also would like to know if there is any way to make it more efficient, What i do is make it in video format then put it in include files and play it inside the game, If you are going to make it as sprite it was really laggy for example if you want an HD size, it wont give you the expected outcome you want,I would like to follow this thread to know if there is other way

H

Homunculus

An example of what you are trying to achieve would be great, "cutscenes" my be a lot of different things in a game, from a pokemon like cutscene where characters are simply moving around and starting conversations to animated pixel art to full videos as @3jgamesdev suggests. All have their place, but they are incredibly different.

When dealing with animations based on specific timings, you can consider using timelines. I'm not really a fan of the timeline system but it is definitely a better choice than alarms for a complex animation.

B

Benattaous

Wait, how do you play videos in game?? :0
I also would like to know if there is any way to make it more efficient, What i do is make it in video format then put it in include files and play it inside the game, If you are going to make it as sprite it was really laggy for example if you want an HD size, it wont give you the expected outcome you want,I would like to follow this thread to know if there is other way