• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Shaders enabling glsl es EXT_polygon_offset_clamp extension

Hello,

I've found a git repository in which someone was able to enable gl_frag_depth in a glsl es shader with #extension GL_EXT_frag_depth : require
and the same person was able to do the same with #extension GL_OES_standard_derivatives : require for fwidth()

And as far as I can tell it should also be possible for polygon_offset [docu]

so why does it not work? What does gm support and what not? Is there some documentation regarding that topic?

thanks for the help!
daniel

ps.: I'd also be highly interested in enabling glDepthRange()

S

Sybok

Unfortunately there are a number of things in GLSL_ES that are not supported in GameMaker. Maybe log a support ticket to the help desk and see if they may add your request to a future patch.

As a side note, for the Windows builds the GLSL ES is converted to HLSL at build time. So we are not really dealing with GLSL ES in certain environments at all. It's all converted over. Which further compounds the compatibility.

hm that's a shame. I found the documentation of the openGL extensions and the google ANGLE extension support doc but neither were helpful.

oh but I found something interesting: in the auto complete pop up there shows up "gl_DepthRangeParameters" and it seems to be this according to the docs
Code:
//
// Depth range in window coordinates
//
struct gl_DepthRangeParameters {
highp float near; // n
highp float far; // f
highp float diff; // f - n
};
uniform gl_DepthRangeParameters gl_DepthRange;
would be good to know how to use it from game makers side but oh well, I'm off doing some experiments!