• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Empty room lagging

M

mymic

I am using v1.4.1804 on Windows 10.

Recently, every single one of my projects, which previously ran completely fine, all started lagging, without me making any changes to them at all. It is not project specific, because the same thing happens in a new project in a completely empty room.

If I set the room speed to:
  • 30 fps, it runs at ~23 fps
  • 60 fps, it runs at ~44 fps
  • 120 fps, it runs at ~65 fps
If I run the games on another PC, they don't have this problem. It's just mine for some reason. If I look at task manager whilst it is running, the CPU and GPU are not under any pressure at all, like 1% usage.

This is so bizarre that I don't even have a clue what could be causing it.

EDIT: I solved this by turning on 'use synchronisation to avoid tearing' and 'alternate synchronisation method' in global game settings.

Last edited by a moderator: