Asset - Extension Embedded SQLite DataBase (cross-platform)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by komarios, Apr 27, 2017.

1. komarios

komarios Guest

I have created an extension that allows a GMS project to embed an SQLite DataBase where one can save/retrieve data using SQL commands!
    You can port your SQLite database file with the distribution of your game.
    The extension provides all of the most common functionality of an SQLite DataBase. (e.g. insert, update, delete, query/cursor, create/alter/drop tables/indexes etc).
    The extension contains detailed documentation of each function and complete examples.
    Special care has been taken to provide fine grained Exception Handling.
    All SQLite Exceptions are caught and forwarded to Game Maker Studio, so that the game always knows what has happened with the execution of every method.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need something more from this library.

The Extension is cross-platform and supports the following platforms :
    Android:
    https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4969/sqlite-android-gms-extension

Windows:
    https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4989/sqlite-windows-gms-extension

Linux:
    https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/5330/sqlite-linux-gms-extension

iOS

https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/5318/sqlite-ios-gms-extension

MacOS:

May 2017

If you are interested in porting the extension to a platform not listed above and you are willing to provide the testing resources, please contact me and I will be more than happy to give out a free copy of the extension.
    Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
    Xer0botXer0 and rIKmAN like this.
  2. Mholmes3038

Mholmes3038 Member

Do you have one for Microsoft SQL?

3. komarios

komarios Guest

No, this extension is for sqlite database that embeds inside the game project.
    Generally, the games do not access remote databases immediately, for security reasons. They access them through an application server.
    If you are interested in an extension that will allow a game to immediately connect to a remote Micrososft SQL server please pm me to discuss the details.

4. Xer0botXer0

Xer0botXer0 Member

Hi there,

Just for clarity does this extension allow a gms app to access a sql database file, add/edit/delete entries. Does it allow tables with keys and values and linking of these tables ?

Okay I see it does, does your extension come with a demo project ? I'm interested in getting this.

Are there any known limitations with this, in regards to performance issues and application for an mmo.

5. komarios

komarios Guest

Hi there,

This extension allows for a GMS project to use all SQL features of the SQLite database engine (an embedded database for your game, not a centrally/remotely located Database like MySQL or PostgreSQL).
    The SQLite database file will be an included file of your game's distribution.
    The extension does come with a demo project that contains full working examples with NO visual representation. All results outputs are in GMS' console. But they can be easily copied or extended to suit your needs.
    The extension also contains full documentation and examples.

I cannot answer the question about the mmo game performance limitations.
    You will probably need to test the performance yourself, if it suits your game's needs.
    And probably compare it with the performance of another solution e.g. saving/loading data from binary files.
    You can test if SQLite engine suits your needs without buying the extension.
    The extension provides only a way for GMS to talk with the SQLite engine, nothing more.

Cheers,
    Marios

rIKmAN and Xer0botXer0 like this.