ELON MUSK should make a game console...

K12gamer

...or maybe some kind of PC.
Elon Musk has billions of dollars from the tech industry...Tesla Cars, Space X, Starlink Satellites etc.
He's currently working on something called Neuralink (trying to merge the human brain with A.I.)

Given his background in gaming and his company's cutting edge technologies....I feel Elon could make a
revolutionary game console or PC that would be far more advanced than what's currently on the market.

I'd also like to see Elon/Tesla make affordable battery powered bicycles.

Roa

honestly, I think less tech should go to consoles with their gimmicks and limitations, and more on expanding game engines. I'm far more interested in games that do more, vs this trend we have of games doing less, but looking pretty while doing it. Using AI to build infinite and intimate stories and worlds is kind of something I would like to see. Like, imagine having a dungeon crawler where an AI dungeon master can just keep dishing out stories and gameplay for your characters, or even introduce more gameplay mechanics over time. You character can just have a continuous growing legacy in a persistent world. Even have the world evolve and grow with you.

W

Walky

If you mean faster CPUs/GPUs and stuff like that, it's pretty unlikely that Musk's money could make a big difference (if at all). Big players are already investing insane amounts of money on development in that regard (and always had), so much that we're already at a point where the laws of physics become a problem when it's time to take transistor miniaturization to the next level with an acceptable yield rate (it has always been, but now we're much closer to physical limits). I mean, today's GPUs have literally billions of transistors carefully arranged in a space the size of a coin, that's an extraordinary achievement!

BTW, quantum computing has an absurdly long way to go, so long in fact that its feasibility as a replacement for traditional computing in the future is still purely hypothetical. If I get to see this happen in my lifetime I'll consider myself lucky.

The biggest chance I can imagine of seeing a noticeable leap in technology is with AI helping improve and optimize architecture, manufacturing processes, etc, or even coming up with completely new paradigms. However, we're not even close to reaching that level of AI sophistication.

W

Walky

Using AI to build infinite and intimate stories and worlds is kind of something I would like to see. Like, imagine having a dungeon crawler where an AI dungeon master can just keep dishing out stories and gameplay for your characters, or even introduce more gameplay mechanics over time. You character can just have a continuous growing legacy in a persistent world. Even have the world evolve and grow with you.
I'd love to play a GTA-style open world game using AI combined with procedural generation so you can get an absurdly big city and enter every single house/apartment in the game, with every single one of them different from the other, with families living in them, living their lives, interacting between them, going to their job, managing their budget, getting evicted, etc. Imagine entering a random room in the game and it has a VCR because the owner was looking at old family tapes, and not because somebody put it there manually along with 50000 other objects in the game, but because the AI was "smart" enough to decide it was interesting and knew how to put VHS tapes, nostalgia and a backstory together in a believable way.

All of the above is, of course, not considering the bad news that the aforementioned AI would bring to people in the industry (i.e. you don't need people to work in modelling/texturing a building and its objects or scripting minor NPCs behaviour if an AI can do it).

A

Andy

The console will be a streaming service. Letting people own and control what they buy is a loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

K12gamer

The console will be a streaming service. Letting people own and control what they buy is a loss.
Sounds like Google Stadia...which will definitely have a hard time beating the big 3.

Maybe if Google takes advantage of Elon Musks upcoming Starlink Network...Stadia might have a better chance / streaming performance.
Also...if Google provides movies + Games via Stadia...it might be more viable.

I'd be interested in Stadia...if it takes advantage of the thousands of RETRO games out there...
Imagine being able to play all of this (on your PC,Table,Phone,TV etc) with the simple click of a button...

Last edited:

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
I'm afraid of the floodgate that Google Stadia might be opening. I don't want to see any major developers take any cues from it. I hold preservation to be very important, as do most civilized cultures.

Reactions: Roa
D

debleb

And honestly, considering the meme culture surrounding Elon, there's gonna be a fair share of people buying it for the memes.