• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Educational Game for Non-Profit

I am the webmaster for a non-profit with the primary mission of educating and promoting public awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning BUT I'm no game designer. Sometime ago the organization was approached with the idea of designing a game for volunteer credit and GameMaker Studio was used for the project. The project is now completed and while the organization is grateful for the effort given there are some changes and enhancements that they would like.

I downloaded GameMaker for myself and looked around it a bit. While I can find my way around okay with the combination of coding knowledge and YouTube videos learning GML is a slow process. I was hoping to get someone experienced to look at the project with fresh eyes and suggest best practice. Ideally I can have someone to be project designer who is willing to drag me along and have me do the grunt work and menial tasks who isn't afraid to explain a little bit.

There isn't a lot I can offer in terms of pay but full credit will of course be given and you will be helping a worthy cause. If there is anyone interested of course I can provide more information and files, examples ideas... Thank you in advance! I look forward to hearing from you.

[Edit] This is to be a game that is distributed, viewed and played via the non-profits website.

Last edited:
U

Uneven Pixel Studios

I am open to this idea if you want a developer. I will probably need more information on what you would want in this game in terms of gameplay and artstyle. I can provide my own art if you would like, or if you provided it I would use it.

In terms of pay, the only thing I would ask for is if this is a game for anything other than Windows 8 or lower, I will need the money for the export module. Otherwise I would not mind working for free.

I am open to this idea if you want a developer. I will probably need more information on what you would want in this game in terms of gameplay and artstyle. I can provide my own art if you would like, or if you provided it I would use it.

In terms of pay, the only thing I would ask for is if this is a game for anything other than Windows 8 or lower, I will need the money for the export module. Otherwise I would not mind working for free.
Okay, I sent you a private message

Last edited: