• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Easy Tabbing with highlighting?

CloseRange

Back in GM 1.4 one of my favorite small things that I liked was that when you highlighted any amount of a line in code you could tab and shift tab to make the whole line tab in and out.

I notice in gm 2 that's no longer the case, you have to have 2 or more lines selected in order to achieve this.
It's not the biggest problem in the world but after so long of gm 1.x It's become a habit to do this and now using gm2 i keep just replacing my semi-colons with tabs.... I'm kind of lazy and don't want to get used to navigating to the front of the code line to do a tab ;)

Is there a key command I'm missing to do this or an option somewhere in preferences to get this small detail back?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
works exactly the same in GMS2. Just highlight and press tab, then SHIFT+Tab to shift back.

If you highlight an chunk of text then right click, you'll also see the TAB in the menu - along with the shortcut.

CloseRange

hmm must be a personal problem then. Right clicking shows the command but there seems to be no shortcut assigned.
Thank you for the reply! I'll look into fixing that keybinding.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
okay... not a clue why you're not seeing the shortcuts then

This is what I see, and while "Tab In" isn't listed (it's just Tab), "Tab out" clearly shows it - very odd.

upload_2019-9-25_8-20-26.png