Asset - Extension Easy Facebook Tools - Facebook Scores / Profile / Picture / Video Info / Page Loading

Mert

Hi. I've just updated the Easy Facebook Tools extension. I renamed it from Easy Facebook Scores to Easy Facebook Tools.

Profile Tools Added
You can load user's profile picture, cover, id, name, biography and birthday; just by one function fb_profile_load()

Score Tools Added
You can retrieve your and your friends' scores from Facebook. Also you can post your scores to Facebook, use it as your leaderboards. The cool thing about is that once your player posts a score, they may also post it to their feed, so that their friends can see their scores.

Video Information Tools Added
You can load information of a video on Facebook.(description, url etc.)

Page Posts Tools (Coming soon)
Simply loading posts from your Facebook Page, can be used as announcement or in-game mini blog, it's up to your design.

For more info, check the post below >>

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm planning to add more tools, suggest anything you want ;)

Last edited:

Mert

*Loading profile picture(Both for 50x50 and original size) will be brought to extension.

ROADMAP
*Loading posts from pages(Pictures, texts, posted-time etc.)
*Video tutorial for making your own application for your Facebook page. (By using Page Loading Tools in EFT)

FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING ERRORS [ANDROID]
Build Tools : 24.2.1
Target SDK : 24
Min SDK : 15
Compile SDK : 24
Built Tools : 24.0.1

Use this settings, located on Global Game Settings > Android Tab

Last edited:

Mert

Notification for those who are having crash on login.
Follow this picture, and insert the following line into Application Level section.
Code:
<activity android:name="com.facebook.LoginActivity" android:label="title_facebook_login" > </activity>
LAST UPDATE

Loading Profile biography is not possible anymore, this will also solve the Profile Loading bug. I'll look into further details.
Please update the extension.

Last edited:

Mert

As it is requested, fb_profile_load(); changed into fb_profile_load(load_id?,load_name?,load_birthday?,load_bio?,load_picture?,load_cover?);
Release Notes and Documentation and Marketplace asset are updated.

F

FabioF

any update? i'm very happy about your extension but... in Windows 10 mobile browser (edge) in html5 environment: it was impossible to open the fb login pop even if in other cases (android browsers , ios browsers) it was.

JeffJ

I can't get this to work. I've already made the Facebook app page as in the guide, and I've set up the game to use the correct Facebook app ID and package name.

But when I press "Login", it takes me to a login screen for a few seconds, then goes back to the app. If I press "load profile", the button just disappears. I can't get picture or cover photo to load either. Any advice as to what I'm doing wrong? The documentation isn't particularly helpful in regards to trouble shooting.

M

Mholmes3038

You can go to facebook dev page and use their free api's

P

Paulo Steinberg

Alright, got it working, but i can't get the high quality picture. I only grab the 50x50 picture. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aurynstar

I can't get this to work. I've already made the Facebook app page as in the guide, and I've set up the game to use the correct Facebook app ID and package name.

But when I press "Login", it takes me to a login screen for a few seconds, then goes back to the app. If I press "load profile", the button just disappears. I can't get picture or cover photo to load either. Any advice as to what I'm doing wrong? The documentation isn't particularly helpful in regards to trouble shooting.

I'm having the same issue and the link above regarding the crash on login error has been removed. Help please

A

Aurynstar

Alright, got it working, but i can't get the high quality picture. I only grab the 50x50 picture. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Hi Paulo. How did you get this working? Did you have to change anything from the original setup? Thanks

Mert

Hi, I am so sorry that I had some serious health issues and had to abandon the project for a while. I'm back now, as of tomorrow I will send the update with new features.
Please please do not hesitate to ask anything, or ask for help as I'm willing to help.

Edit : I've edited the post for what'll come up in the next update.

Thanks and sorry
-Mert

Last edited:

Mert

Fixed the example as it will now wait for loading the profile, then the button will disappear.