• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Easier way to import script & folder structure?

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I wanted to know if there is a easier way to import scripts to the project (with folders and everything)...
Why?!
Until the inline function feature is not out... I need a way to create scripts outside gamemaker (automaticaly generate them and then add them all and making then stay in a organized folder structure).

That been said an example:

I have a standalone tool that lets me create a new npc player (for my game) this npc needs a bunch of default scripts to work with the system:

Code:
--NPC1 (folder)
----Stuff To Do (folder)
------npc1_stuff_to_do1
------npc1_stuff_to_do2
------npc1_stuff_to_do3
----Actions (folder)
------npc1_action1
------npc1_action2
------npc1_action3
--NPC2 (folder)
----Stuff To Do (folder)
------npc2_stuff_to_do1
------npc2_stuff_to_do2
------npc2_stuff_to_do3
----Actions (folder)
------npc2_action1
------npc2_action2
------npc2_action3
and every script has some default code inside... so imagine how much of a mess doing this by hand would be..
I wanted to know if GMS2 has some neat way of adding this kind of script&folder structure automatically to the Editor.

If not could it be considered as a feature!?

PS/QUESTION: Are we very far form inline function & light objects?

gnysek

PS/QUESTION: Are we very far form inline function & light objects?
Since they are owned by Playtech they cannot answer things like this before they are released, to not fail :) I've already know at least 3 new features coming in 2.0.8 but they even didn't mentioned it, and you can find some traces on mantis between words only.

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Since they are owned by Playtech they cannot answer things like this before they are released, to not fail :) I've already know at least 3 new features coming in 2.0.8 but they even didn't mentioned it, and you can find some traces on mantis between words only.
Well I'll try to read between the lines then ;)