• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 EA 1.99.533 - sound/music restore problem

Ricardo

So, new version, new troubles. I just test my game in GMS EA 1.99.533 and noticed a very annoying bug related to sounds in HTML5. If you have, for instance, a music playing in your game and then you change tabs in browser (making your game loss the focus), the music stop as expected. However, when you return to the game's tab, the music that was playing doesn't recover.

In Chrome console I can see this error: "Audio_ResumeUnstreamed exception: TypeError: _cN._QM.noteGrainOn is not a function".

Any idea how could I work around this? I already tried with all the four sound attributes (uncompressed, compressed etc) but this doesn't help at all.

PNelly

I'm just starting to grapple with the same issue. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.