• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion E3 2017

M

Misu

We are right on the corner of our beloved big event that we cannot attend because we cant afford the round trip along with tickets. That is correct! The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017 (June 13-15)! This year seems big, although my opinions feel like the surprises might be the usual we know. However, seeing more of what we already expect will satisfy our taste for gaming.

Feel free to discuss on the possible predictions and expectations for this year's convention. What you like to see? What you want to know? What are you feelings for this years offering?

R

Rukiri

A supposed release date to Final Fantasy VII remake, so... apparently they haven't even started which sucks.
I don't expect much from Microsoft but Sony and Nintendo is a different story, maybe we'll get more info on the Egyptian Assassin in the new Assassin's Creed game.

I don't normally watch E3, did a lot and even religiously back 20 to even 10 years ago, but not so much recently... 2015 was great, 2016 was meh, 2017 looks to be great again!

I'm still trying to buy a Switch. I'm obviously sort of interested in what Nintendo will do (I play PC and Nintendo consoles almost entirely, so anyone else doesn't really interest me that much). But they've already convinced me to get a switch, so I haven't been paying much attention. Hopefully other people can enlighten me on what to expect.

M

Misu

(I play PC and Nintendo consoles almost entirely, so anyone else doesn't really interest me that much).
Dont worry, I interest you because you love Nintendo. I interest everyone who loves Nintendo. Also my expectations are a bit generic because its mostly about things we already might know of by know but with more footage, nothing more. Its not a whole big thing actually. But I would really like to hear more about the online service and third party games coming for it. Doesnt really matter what they present on E3, they have a potential line up through this year that will boost the Switch Sales. I am proud of what they are coming up with now.

Plus today they stream about the new Pokemon projects coming up. Just letting everyone know.

A

Alex Lyons

Things I want more info on:
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic Forces

S

schmoo

Hoping for Melee on the switch, or really just any GC VC would be sweet.

Coded Games

Well I was generally disappointed. Nothing that I was really hoping for from Sony was talked about (The Last of Us 2 or anything from Sucker Punch). EA was meh, Ubisoft was meh, Microsoft was meh. I didn’t even watch the Nintendo one because I don’t plan on buying a Switch.

M

Misu

Dude! Nintendo E3 just threw a grenade at me and it was a friendly fire! They are making **Metroid Prime 4** and they tease with announcement of a new pokemon game in the making for next year on the Switch. Those are the only two games that got me hyped!

M

MadGatsby

It feels like Spider Man for PS4 won game of the show, hands down, personally. But Nintendo definitely had the best conference! No smash bros, but tons of great announcements (Metroid 4, anyone?) and Super Mario Odyssey looks SOO GOOOD!!

M

MadGatsby

The best possible reveal would be announcing either Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine getting remade for switch and launching..... NOW!! Just in time to get and enjoy and gobble up before Odyssey comes out

M

Misu

I find Odyssey a biut strange and not like the usual mario platformers we used to know in compared with Mario 64. However, people who reviewed their experience back at the E3 playhouse mentioned it was great but I guess the trailer was just idiotic and we would have to play the game to witness how good it is.

Anyway, my favourite about this E3 was basically the Metroid 4 announcement. Everything else didnt seem to lift me up at all and I was hoping to see details of Last Of Us 2 but nothing really came up.

It feels like Spider Man for PS4 won game of the show, hands down, personally. But Nintendo definitely had the best conference! No smash bros, but tons of great announcements (Metroid 4, anyone?) and Super Mario Odyssey looks SOO GOOOD!!
Pffff, all QTE/cutscene bluster and smoke and mirrors. The actual gameplay didn't look too great to me - Arkham Asylum with less chunky combat and probably none of the Metroidvania elements that made that game great. And webslinging that looked more like teleporting. Not satisfyingly kinektic looking like it should be at all. One of the most boring games of the show for me. I do give it marks for showing the game in pure daylight though, which is more than most of Sony's/Microsoft's games can claim this year. Fading to black every two seconds and going *BRAWWWWWWWWM* isn't how you show off your games, you assholes. Neither is showing "dramatic" cutscenes rather than actual games. /cynicism

I do agree with you on Mario, though. Game looked incredible, and the music was catchy as hell. Best of show for me. Nintendo was best of show overall for me, too, for the Metroid and Pokemon announcements, and because the games they did show featured actual gameplay instead of smoke and mirrors bull💩💩💩💩 like almost everyone else apparently needs to rely on, and looked fun.

I find Odyssey a biut strange and not like the usual mario platformers we used to know in compared with Mario 64. However, people who reviewed their experience back at the E3 playhouse mentioned it was great but I guess the trailer was just idiotic and we would have to play the game to witness how good it is.
The game looked amazing, Misu. DINOSAUR MARIO - SO STUPID IT'S AWESOME. Besides that, it's very obviously a Mario 64/ Mario Sunshine type game. It's obviously going to be incredible! ;P

Well I was generally disappointed. Nothing that I was really hoping for from Sony was talked about (The Last of Us 2 or anything from Sucker Punch). EA was meh, Ubisoft was meh, Microsoft was meh. I didn’t even watch the Nintendo one because I don’t plan on buying a Switch.
Hiding your head in the sand isn't going to keep you from missing out on the best games of this console generation. Get on the boat, CG. :p

I also find Odyssey pretty weird, but I do look forward to playing it. I never actually got to play 64 or Sunshine. (Sad). I'm too young, I wasn't old enough to play video games when those games were easily accessible.

Mercerenies

I wasn't planning on following much of E3, but then a Superstar Saga remake came into my Twitter feed, with an added Bowser-themed subgame. And although I'm pretty quiet about it, I'm somewhat of a Bowser fan myself, so I'm totally hyped for this now.

I want to look forward to Odyssey, but I can't afford a Switch right now, sadly, so it's going into the same "Want to but can't" category as Breath of the Wild.

M

MadGatsby

I do give it marks for showing the game in pure daylight though, which is more than most of Sony's/Microsoft's games can claim this year. Fading to black every two seconds and going *BRAWWWWWWWWM* isn't how you show off your games, you assholes. Neither is showing "dramatic" cutscenes rather than actual games.
I dont know, I feel like Sony at least had a few real, meaty showings ( can't remember Microsoft's too well at the moment.... lot of filler there). Days Gone was a legit 6 or 7 minutes of pure uncut gameplay and the God of War trailer was like a solid 5 minutes. Granted, the GoW one did have a lot of those "cut to black for a split second" transitions that weren't necessary and alot of cutscene footage vs gameplay, but it also had alot of actual gameplay and was set up like a movie trailer (and a damn good one, at that, imo). And then there's the Detroit: Become Human trailer, which, like last year's trailer, was the perfect way to show off what that game is and how it works.

There's a lot of filler and nonsense in these conferences in general this year :( but there's still some really great trailers and announcements worth celebrating

Bingdom

Googledom
This game was the most appealing game to me. Although it does look great and it does have an interesting concept, I'm concerned about how well the gameplay would turn out.

11clock

After seeing the Mario + Rabbids game in action I must say it is now my most anticipated game this year. A tactical strategy RPG that doesn't seem to have overcomplicated nonsense (looking at you Disgaea).