• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Dynamic Text Scaling

I have a project that is using the resolution scaling by "Pixelated Pope"

It is a great tutorial and up to this point, it has worked well to help me make my game. The biggest problem is the GUI text layer get stretched out to the point of looking horrible.

Don't worry.png
There is the text compared to a sprite.

I have no idea how to fix this, so help will be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am on GM1 not GM2.

Last edited:

Schwee

Considering the GM2 editor itself scales text without anti aliasing, I am sure it has the power to do it. Unfortunately, that is all I know lol. Perhaps elaborating a bit about when/how you are scaling the game/text might help

Considering the GM2 editor itself scales text without anti aliasing, I am sure it has the power to do it. Unfortunately, that is all I know lol. Perhaps elaborating a bit about when/how you are scaling the game/text might help
Well I am using GMS1 not GM2, and the way I am scaling is in the video.

RangerX

Start by removing the "high quality" option (or is it called "anti-alias") in your font ressource.
After that, are you sure you handle the GUI layer properly? Its main use should be to NOT have to scale your text/hud...

Start by removing the "high quality" option (or is it called "anti-alias") in your font ressource.
After that, are you sure you handle the GUI layer properly? Its main use should be to NOT have to scale your text/hud...
I removed the "high quality" and anti-aliasing, but it still looks pretty bad. And the tutorials says to scale the GUI layer, but now that I think about it I don't technically have to do that. I would still like to find the best solution anyways, but worst case scenario I just don't scale up the GUI and make bigger font.