• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX dylib extension won't work

G

grixm

Hi. I am porting my program to mac and I also have some extensions that need to be ported for this. The problem is that after I compile the extension in xcode into a dylib, the GM program does not seem to recognize it. When any function is called it just returns 0 without doing anything.

What architecture on the dylib project is correct? I've tried the default "Standard Architectures (64-bit Intel)" with the result above, and also I tried "Universal (32/64-bit Intel)", and this caused a crash on the game startup with error EXC_BAD_ACCESS (Code signature invalid). Not sure if this is a step in the right direction or not.

I've checked with nm that the functions in the dylib are exported correctly. The names are unmangled, except they have a leading underscore, for example _Init . Is this a problem?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Could you file a bug report and include a link to the project with the dylib in it? There has been an internal fix for an issue with dylib which may go into the next runtime update, and it may be that your project benfits from this, so a bug report will help YYG test to see if all is correct. Thanks!

G

grixm

Could you file a bug report and include a link to the project with the dylib in it? There has been an internal fix for an issue with dylib which may go into the next runtime update, and it may be that your project benfits from this, so a bug report will help YYG test to see if all is correct. Thanks!
Ok, thanks, I did. Ticket number 142997