• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Dyland (Zombie Survival) (WIP)

R

rivor2

I just updated game.

Whats New ?:
Menu,
High Scores,
Sentry Turrets which you can buy and build anywhere u want to.

Gamerev147

Ok I played the game and here's my thoughts:
  • There is no instruction on how to "place" a sentry turret
  • Why do the zombies hurt you so much?
  • By the time I've killed only 2 zombies, my health is down to 50% and I can't even hit a zombie and back away
  • The camera is so far away that I can barely see anything
Fix a few things, then I'll play the game again. By the way, I like your menu buttons, they're really cool!

I would like to see sound soon also, great job overall on the mechanics and animation!
- Gamerev

R

rivor2

Ok I played the game and here's my thoughts:
  • There is no instruction on how to "place" a sentry turret
  • Why do the zombies hurt you so much?
  • By the time I've killed only 2 zombies, my health is down to 50% and I can't even hit a zombie and back away
  • The camera is so far away that I can barely see anything
Fix a few things, then I'll play the game again. By the way, I like your menu buttons, they're really cool!

I would like to see sound soon also, great job overall on the mechanics and animation!
- Gamerev
its really early demo, This version is not even close what i've expected to make. More updates will come. About camera, wut? It barerly goes further from character. Maybe you got small monitor? if so, thats not kinda my problem. :D But maybe ill going to add resolution scale, then for everyone monitor should be ok, and about zombies. Hurt so much? DUDE! THEY ARE ZOMBIES. Not a freakin kid who hits you with hands. To survive longer you can simply equip pistol or rifle. >.<

Gamerev147

its really early demo, This version is not even close what i've expected to make. More updates will come. About camera, wut? It barerly goes further from character. Maybe you got small monitor? if so, thats not kinda my problem. :D But maybe ill going to add resolution scale, then for everyone monitor should be ok, and about zombies. Hurt so much? DUDE! THEY ARE ZOMBIES. Not a freakin kid who hits you with hands. To survive longer you can simply equip pistol or rifle. >.<
Ever hear of critiques? I'm one of them. I'm not "making fun" or "being rude" to you or your game. I'm trying to help you! If you can't take criticism, then don't post your demo. Maybe you should talk to an admin about getting this post removed and post it once you learn how to take some advice properly.

All that aside, the camera is too far out from the player. The camera is very "high up", from a first person perspective. Make it "zoomed in" to the player just a little more.

Now that you've showed me you can't take some criticism without crying, I won't stay updated on this post. Good luck...

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Wow, learn to take criticism. You'll never get better as a developer with such a thin skin. Who would want to give you feedback now?

R

rivor2

Ever hear of critiques? I'm one of them. I'm not "making fun" or "being rude" to you or your game. I'm trying to help you! If you can't take criticism, then don't post your demo. Maybe you should talk to an admin about getting this post removed and post it once you learn how to take some advice properly.

All that aside, the camera is too far out from the player. The camera is very "high up", from a first person perspective. Make it "zoomed in" to the player just a little more.

Now that you've showed me you can't take some criticism without crying, I won't stay updated on this post. Good luck...
I responded in same way as you did. I can take critism, you are just one of those type of guys who cant being without offensive.

Wow, learn to take criticism. You'll never get better as a developer with such a thin skin. Who would want to give you feedback now?
Wow? I didnt say anything bad, comparing kid to what he said was best option.

Looks like this community is pretty bad, no wonder why its so empty. Im out. Peace!