• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion DX11 Minimum ??

A

AzpeeK

(sorry for my language i'm french :( )
Hey all, i saw the minimum config requiered for GMS2 and it's write "DX11 compliant graphics card".
Does mean i really need a graphic card which DX11 for create a little 2D game ?? or can i run it on my NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT ??

A

Aura

The 9800 GT model doesn't support DirectX 11, so you can't use GMS 2. Not being a hardware expert, I would recommend trying out the Trial version, though, but it's very unlikely to run, given how old your graphics card model is.

A

AzpeeK

The 9800 GT model doesn't support DirectX 11, so you can't use GMS 2. Not being a hardware expert, I would recommend trying out the Trial version, though, but it's very unlikely to run, given how old your graphics card model is.
Thanks a lot :)

Jaqueta

In fact, you do, and it makes sense, since Every 5 year old graphic card does have DX11 support, including the Intel HD4000 series, which are usually included in budget laptops.

I recommend you to get a new graphics card, a GTX 1050 is a good choice, you can find it for less than $110, and it will suit all your needs for any kind of Game Making, 2D or 3D, as long as your CPU can handle the softwares and the games themselves. Also, it's TDP is really low (Even Lower than the GT 9800, about 40%), and it doesn't even needs a 6-pin connector, so you don't have to worry about buying a Power Supply.

A

AzpeeK

Thank you, for now it was just for information, I found the interface of GMS2 really beautiful and I feel it is more accessible for those who do not know too much in video games developing compared to GMS1 :) thanks again for your answers