• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Duplicate dialogue box stuck in top left corner

Kamyu

i'm relatively new and havent touched game maker for like half a year so maybe there's a simple solution i'm not seeing right now.

Up until now the dialogue box was drawn where it should be (bottom middle). I don't know what else i did but change the color of the sprite but now when i launch,
the obj_textbox still spawns where it should, but an additional sprite is cut into the corner of the window.
it will leave if you exit the conversation but if you talk to someone again, it'll spawn on the right behind the correct dialogue box.

I've been looking through the code multiple times anywhere the textbox is mentioned but i didn't notice any irregularities
everything else works as it should.

(i'm using the dialogue system of friendlycosmonaut so most of the code as it is rn isn't entirely my own)

Nidoking

Probably the simplest thing to do will be to check the debugger and see if there are any instances you don't expect. Then, find the irregularity that you didn't notice. The ones you notice are never the problem because you fix those.