Free Dungeon Exploration Prototype is RELEASED

M

Moti

Hello my game making colleagues!
I’ve just released a small game called Dungeon Exploration Prototype. It’s top-down, pixel art, zelda-like game focusing solely on the exploration. It’s still made in the GameMaker Studio 1.4

-> DOWNLOAD HERE <-

You play as an adventurer, but don’t be fooled by that title. Being in this line of work is not easy. Exploring old ruins and dungeons may be exciting and make you famous, but it doesn't have to bring food on the table.
That’s why an adventurer has to make sure to bring back enough loot to end up with profit.

But should you stop there? After all, why would anyone leave this dungeon full of deadly traps, if they weren't protecting something truly valuable?
  • The dungeon has one floor and some hidden passages beneath it.
  • One playthrough takes around an hour.

The code is really messy, so I will not share it, but if you by any chance are interested in how is something coded, I will gladly answer it. Also, there is a chance that I already explained it in my TIGsource devlog. You can ask me here, on on the twitter or discord.

M

Moti

Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. And also, you must be pretty skilled player. Not that many players felt relaxed, while playing. Especially in the later sections of the dungeon. :D