Windows Ducks - 2D shooter on moving targets

Amigo121

Introduction:
I have been working on this game hard, trying my best to create something playable. I have had some technical issues (lost project due to wrong shut down -> all my code was found in many text files). I am more than happy to say that I made it and I can not wait for my future projects and participation in game jams.

About my game:
It is 2D shooter on moving targets (ducks), you get points for shooting ducks with target on their body and lose points for shooting ducks without a target. The more ducks you have killed, the harder the game will be. Game ends when you miss 10 ducks with target on their body.

Features:
3 game modes
local multiplayer
loading and saving highscore (singleplayer with classic mode)

Game screenshots:
Menu.png options.pnggameover.png levelselect.png

Controls:

Shoot - SPACE / left mouse button
Reload - R / right mouse button
Pause/Back - ESC
- other specified in game

Download link: https://amigo121.itch.io/ducks

Note:
My game has been falsely detected as virus - ransomware by Avast and Microsoft Defender (as far as I know), I have sent my game for scan to Microsoft and Avast.
Microsoft did not detect any virus in my game. Waiting for Avast results.

I have used licensed game assets and audio for my game:
Game assets: Kenney
Game audio: Kenney, Mixkit

*Made for my own pleasure, no intention for commercial use*
Special thanks to Shaun Spalding for his educational videos, which made my project possible.

Thank you all for any feedback ❤

BB Scary

I Like this game. My pc also mark file as untrustworthy source. This problem occurs because the file is not digitally signed. I have same trouble with it, but i dont know, how solve it.

Amigo121

I Like this game. My pc also mark file as untrustworthy source. This problem occurs because the file is not digitally signed. I have same trouble with it, but i dont know, how solve it.
As far as I know you can buy digital signature but the price is like $100 - $200 / year, which is a lot if it is only your hobby.
May I ask what antivirus do you use?

K12gamer

Cool game...Reminds me of the classic Duck Hunt game.
How about some ducks that hover up and down in the sky?
You really nailed the sound effects...
I like the moving cloud effect...and the bullet hole effect.

Video of me playing your game: (How well did I do?)

Amigo121

Cool game...Reminds me of the classic Duck Hunt game.
How about some ducks that hover up and down in the sky?
You really nailed the sound effects...
I like the moving cloud effect...and the bullet hole effect.

Video of me playing your game: (How well did I do?)

First of all thank you for playing my game!

Secondly, I am impressed you figured out how to move in the menu. Some people tried to shoot the board instead (I gotta say that menu is kinda messy, options menu is controlled by arrow keys, unlike the rest).
I am aware that game is kinda hard and irritating due to lack of ammo and long reload time, but you can do better by reloading after every shot (reload time depends on how much ammo you are missing) and shooting clouds whenever you have time (25% chance of getting bonus 3 bullets).

This being said I think you did alright, I could feel your mild pain missing ducks due to long reload time. (Did you notice you shoot duck without target on its body, for negative points ?)

I am familiar with Duck Hunt game, my goal was to make classical duck shoot carnival game, that's why I did not think about adding flying ducks, however I know many stuff could be added (power-ups, better ammo management and much more..), but I decided to stop working on the game.

I am more than happy that you liked my game.

K12gamer

@Amigo121

The video was only my second time playing...
With the tips you gave...I think I can do a lot better next time.
I did wait too long to press the reload button on many occasions.

This is really good for your 1st GM game. The game has lots of possibilities...
I still update games I worked on 5+ years ago.

Amigo121

@K12gamer

I just feel I might keep adding new stuff forever (you can always add/change something to make it better).
To be honest, I would have to rewrite most of the code to make it easy for further work (I will keep this in my mind for my next projects).

I can't wait to participate in incoming game jams tho.