HTML5 ds_map saving compatibility

A

alexfresh

Hi, my game is going in a direction I like and now I wanna implement a saving system.

I stored most values in ds_maps and I found there's a command ds_map_add_map that let's me put all of the maps in one map in order to save them.
The thing is, I think it's best to publish the game as html5 when it's finished, but for now I don't have the extension to export it (I'm using gms1), so I can't test what's compatible.

Is ds_map_add_map html5 friendly and can store the game progress in the users browser data?

Sorry, I've been learning a lot but the whole browser usage & saving thing is a field I'm really insecure about.
I'm asking bc it would be terrible if the whole system storing data wouldn't work in the end.

I have a ton of values to store during each save, there's a map for each entity type that needs to be saved (they're upgradable) and each has a lot of values, what would be the most elegant solution to save the game progress that would be webbrowser friendly but also works for the runtime app?
I want to learn all about it, but I feel like I need a hint in which direction to go.

Thanks in advance <3