• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML ds_grid collision slopes [SOLVED]

N

NeZvers

As a material for tutorials, I wanted to give a challenge for myself and make a platformer with the bitwise calculation (no floats) and ds_grid. I want to avoid any loop and achieve it only with if. Regular block collision work like charm, but I wanted to push it further with slopes and moving with the sprite middle on slopes. There's bool for block/ slope collision systems.
Blocks collision work and is decoupled with if(!useSlopes).
1) its ds_grid collision and slopes have a height map calculation script that returns value of the pixel above the slope.
2) if grounded, the player should slide on slopes (kinda works but glitchy)
3) suspects - slope_slide(), ground_check(), collide_verticaly() (originates in set_position())
I reworked the slope section from the ground several times and can't find what's the problem.

Code:
Nothing here to see.
Code:
Nothing here to see.
Code:
Nothing here to see.
Code:
Nothing here to see.
Code:
Nothing here to see.
Code:
Nothing here to see.

EDIT: I solved the problem. As the TheSly said - time is too precious to help out. I'll think over if I want to share my project I spent my time.

Last edited:

Slyddar

Why no one is replying?
Most likely because what you are asking takes up peoples time, and quite a lot considering the detailed content in your post they need to go through. This community is based on the good nature of people giving their time freely to help others. What you are asking is quite advanced and requires a large investment of someone's time. You may never get a response, or if someone feels generous they will give up a part of their day and try to assist.

It's presumptuous to assume every question will always get a response.

Last edited:
N

NeZvers

@TheSly That is exactly the reason it’s barebone project and I made it readable as easy as possible. Irrelevant stuff to the question is decoupled with a script and there are comments on a relevant code to understand my idea. It’s a material for a tutorial and I hit the brick wall on slopes section.

Last edited: