DRM question

MaGicBush

So I hope this is the right category to post this in, but I have a question before I buy this on steam for the discount. I noticed it warns you that you can only install this on 3 computers and then your done. My question is I am about to buy a new PC in a few months and so right there is 2 installs. I also own a laptop and so there goes all 3.. Does that mean if I buy or change parts(like my hdd or mb fails in one of them) I am then out of luck and can no longer install it anymore? I hope that it means 3 at the same time and not 3 total installs?

Last edited:
As I understand it, its 3 at the same time. If you log in to a 4th computer, one of your previous activations is invalidated (presumably the oldest one).

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
From memory.... you'd have to logout of one of them. It's not (wasn't) an install limit, it's a "use" limit.

MaGicBush

Alright thanks guys! I'll grab it then. Am I able to get the standalone if I buy the steam version or buy the modules if I want to get say the html5 or android exports through the website?

rIKmAN

Alright thanks guys! I'll grab it then. Am I able to get the standalone if I buy the steam version or buy the modules if I want to get say the html5 or android exports through the website?
If you buy on Steam you can also use the standalone version as long as you link your Steam account in your YYG profile.