Windows Dreamscape Journey

D

Divitos

Dreamscape Journey

Gamejolt
Itch.io

Dreamscape Journey is an action-adventure game about looking within yourself and exploring the mysterious realm that is your dreams. As you travel around the world, you'll come upon treasures, fight your inner demons, and attempt to find serenity before you wake up.

The dream world is procedurally generated to an extent with 40+ different chunk types, 9 enemy types, and 10 Items including 4 different weapons.

Originally made in 72 hours for a game jam and slightly updated since.

Controls
Left Click to move around
Right Click to interact or attack

Screenshots

Game by Divitos

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Interesting game description: "about looking within yourself (snip) fight your inner demons...". Although I didn't really see that aspect of the game. It seemed more like a traditional exploration-action game. But maybe I just didn't play long enough.

The graphics were somewhat "dream like" I suppose. The color choices were sort of surrealistic and soft pastels. But beyond the color choices, I wasn't that fond of the graphical style. The characters (player, enemies) were very simple. The pez-dispenser figures weren't really images I could identify with. They didn't convey any emotion, one way or another. Perhaps this was by design. Or maybe these were "place holders" for better graphics. Not sure.

The gameplay was OK though. I did some exploring and had some battles. And I got some stuff: treasure, sword, etc. So I think that particular element of the game could be expanded and emphasized.

All in all, it's an acceptable start. I think with more work on the graphics and expanding the exploration-action theme, this would have potential.

D

Divitos

Interesting game description: "about looking within yourself (snip) fight your inner demons...". Although I didn't really see that aspect of the game. It seemed more like a traditional exploration-action game. But maybe I just didn't play long enough.

The graphics were somewhat "dream like" I suppose. The color choices were sort of surrealistic and soft pastels. But beyond the color choices, I wasn't that fond of the graphical style. The characters (player, enemies) were very simple. The pez-dispenser figures weren't really images I could identify with. They didn't convey any emotion, one way or another. Perhaps this was by design. Or maybe these were "place holders" for better graphics. Not sure.

The gameplay was OK though. I did some exploring and had some battles. And I got some stuff: treasure, sword, etc. So I think that particular element of the game could be expanded and emphasized.

All in all, it's an acceptable start. I think with more work on the graphics and expanding the exploration-action theme, this would have potential.
Very fair review. I agree with you on everything and honestly don't like the execution, but I'd love to come back to the idea someday in a non game jam setting. I had a ton of ideas on what I would've liked in the game, but only ever managed to get in the very bare basics.