• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Drawing Transparent Circle Issue

I tried to make a sprite in GMS2, a simple, transparent circle. However, when I drew the circle it was not the same color all the way through, some parts were "overlapped" or something, and ended up being much more opaque than it should've been. I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. Here is a video showing the issue. Please help me, or else tell me it's a bug so I stop worrying about it for now. Thanks!

EDIT: I looked at the rectangle too, which apparently is designed to have a sort of outline around the edges that is less opaque. The polygon tool does not do this in any way, except where the lines are already overlapping on their own. The line tool also has a blurring effect, so now I'm wondering if it's just a setting somewhere that does that to blur the sprites. Even if that is the case, the way it blurs the circle is totally wrong, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Can you file this as a bug please? And we'll get someone to take a look. as a (really crap I admit) work around. Crate a new layer, draw it on that then make the layer semi-trans and blend down. Or pick it up as a brush then change the colour to semi-trans white afterwards.

Crap I know... but if you can file it, we'll take a look :)