• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Drawing small sprites gives hard pixel edges?

Jochum

Hey Gamemaker community 🧩,

Problem:
I am developing a crypto game. For this game, I want to draw a number of sprites with a different scale.
Drawing and resizing the sprites works well, but on the small sprites, a hard pixel edge is created.
If I don't change the sprite scale (use the normal, larger image) there is a soft edge around the sprite.

Question:
Do you guys know how I can make the small sprite have a soft edge too? (see images and code below)

Thanks in advance!
~ SirGoose

Screenshot:
bitcoin_pixel.png

Code:
Small image:
GML:
draw_sprite_ext(sBTC, 1, 180, 200, 0.08, 0.08, 0, c_white, 0.5); //Drawn with draw_sprite feature
Large image:
GML:
draw_self(); //Drawn as object sprite

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
What prevents you from creating a smaller version of the same sprite? It's simpler and lighter, since you don't have to resize such a large sprite, in the end you get the same thing, only better. :)