• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Drawing alpha blended sprites on surface

DukeSoft

Hey y'all,

I've been trying to make a texturing tool for my 2d game. I want to blend multiple textures into a surface and use that as background.

I'm using black sprites to "cut out" a part of the texture. So basically, this is the alphamask of the texture.

Now, you see the problem below - this is a screenshot from the surface itself. Its not blending the black circles' darkness.

I know its a known thing, but I can't seem to figure out _how_ to merge the alpha channels. What am i doing wrong? I would want this to result in 1 closed shape. It looks like the way this is drawn differs completely from how GM draws it normally (it even states so here http://www.yoyogames.com/blog/60) yet when i set the blend mode to bm_normal, this still happens. I've tried enabling draw_alpha_blend() but that didn't help either.

What am i missing? This can't be _that_ hard, can it?

upload_2016-10-28_1-36-51.png

Also, now that i take a look at it, sorry for making it look like male genitalia.