Drawing A Good Looking Map

Wainggan

I lowered the alpha of the map and
1632445174176.png
That doesn't look good at all
I don't want to make the circles overlap the lines like that, I want them to be merged, if that makes any sense

Is there a way to do what I want with blend modes, or do I need to use surfaces?
Thanks in advanced

(ps: bm_max almost does what i want, but without the transparency lol
1632445319040.png)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Tbh, I'd just draw everything to a surface with an alpha of 1, then draw the surface with the alpha required. This is the simplest method to use and how it's done in most things that require this kind of overlap (like, lighting engines almost always draw the shadows at 100% alpha, to a surface, then reduce the surface alpha when drawing...). Blend modes may be able to help you, but this is honestly the easiest way to go about it.

Wainggan

Tbh, I'd just draw everything to a surface with an alpha of 1, then draw the surface with the alpha required. This is the simplest method to use and how it's done in most things that require this kind of overlap (like, lighting engines almost always draw the shadows at 100% alpha, to a surface, then reduce the surface alpha when drawing...). Blend modes may be able to help you, but this is honestly the easiest way to go about it.
Yea, that's what I was thinking. Thank you