draw_text behaviour with scripts & custom font

Hi,
so after some testing I figured out that draw_text (and its variants) seems to act strange when using an imported font and being called from a script in the draw gui event. What happens is, that it no longer draws apostrophe ( ` ) characters. When i call it in the draw gui without a script it works.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks.

That's not an apostrophe in the first place, that's a grave accent.

This -> ' <- is an apostrophe.
YouĀ“re right, maybe itĀ“s different because IĀ“m using a german keyboard setup?
So the problem is I try to use what germans use to signal an abbreviation (grave accent) but I should be using a an apostrophe.

There is also no grave accent in the custom font. I now use the apostrophe and it works with or without script.

I didnĀ“t even think about this difference, thanks a lot TsukaYuriko!

@val Thanks, you were also right, this particular character was not in the font!

TsukaYuriko

ā˜„ļø
Forum Staff
Glad you got it fixed! :) However, a grave accent is certainly not what Germans use to signal abbreviations, or to signal anything at all aside from its original purpose as an accent. That's definitely an apostrophe in any such cases. You can type it by holding the Shift key and pressing the # key.

Glad you got it fixed! :) However, a grave accent is certainly not what Germans use to signal abbreviations, or to signal anything at all aside from its original purpose as an accent. That's definitely an apostrophe in any such cases. You can type it by holding the Shift key and pressing the # key.
Well german is my native language but I never bothered to look up the specific differences. I just googled it and after finding way too many complicated articles about the topic I decided that itĀ“s not that important to me :)
Thanks again, IĀ“ll use shift + #!