• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

draw_sprite_ext depth

I

Ian

The player sprite is drawn using draw_sprite_ext() and i dont use draw_self()

The 'shells' are an object with a depth of -3 and player at -1 but since i draw the player sprite thats irrelevant. There a workaround for this? Want the shells to appear in front of the player.

NightFrost

Shells do have a draw event; it is the default GM auto-assigns when draw event has not been used defined. Anyhow, shell object is at -3 so it draws sprites at -3. Player is at -1 so it is drawn at -1. If an instance needs to be elsewhere you have to change its depth.

I

Ian

Shells do have a draw event; it is the default GM auto-assigns when draw event has not been used defined. Anyhow, shell object is at -3 so it draws sprites at -3. Player is at -1 so it is drawn at -1. If an instance needs to be elsewhere you have to change its depth.
Yeah if you want to get technical, everything is drawn onto the app surface. With what you just, logically should work. Thats why i came on here to find out why a -1 was above a -3.

Anyway I fixed it, had to do with the sprite system i added in recently